The SS3500 Advanced Portable Explosive Detector is the world's first and most recognized portable explosives trace detector that uses the latest unique Luminal Chemiluminescence technology. It is the only portable device capable of detecting the presence of all threat explosives, including liquid and all types of home made explosives, ICAO tangents, military plastics and TATP. It’s quick deployment capability (5-30 seconds) makes it the fastest detector in the industry.
The SS3500 looks for solvent based as well nitro based explosives (90% of explosives are nitrogen oxide based NO2). The new "Designer bombs" frequently are solvent based i.e., acetone, peroxide etc. The SS3500 catches them all. The technology for the "detection principle" is Chemiluminescence's historically the most proven detection method but only used in labs in machines that cost $400K and are huge and do not go in the field. They are considered scientific testing and analytical equipment. We have the only patent on this tech in field hand-held units--- This is incredible! It's the best solution available in a portable device by a HUGE margin! The competition can NOT come close to it. It is more selective and sensitive than the EVD and ALL other handhelds.
There are far fewer "false positives" from inaccurate detection of non explosives (false alarms). It has very advanced software that makes it very easy to operate. It is quite robust and field worthy. Lasts a lot longer in the field prior to maintenance. Cleans and clears itself after contamination by a rich explosive.
The main thing is there is no other device (handheld) that can detect near the variety of explosives that the SS3500 can.
It also does not use any external carrier gas or radioactive source (unlike others). If portability, quick detection and clear, accurate results are crucial, then this is the explosives detector needed. The SS3500 offers extremely fast and stable detection with very high selectivity for explosives and immunity to humidity or contamination problems. It detects traces of particulates and vapors, allowing for noninvasive searches of luggage, mail, vehicles, documents and containers.
Operating the SS3500 :
The SS3500 is flexible and easy to operate, offering both vapor and particulate sampling without the use of an external carrier gas or radioactive source. Vapors are sampled directly via the sampling nozzle. Particulates are sampled by swiping a suspected object with a cotton glove or other means and transferring any traces to the unit. This dual capability enables users to select the most suitable method of sampling for the explosives of interest. The SS3500 starts processing samples immediately and gives results in just seconds. All results are indicated on the LCD graphical and numerical display.
* Fast and Proven: The SS3500 has proven to be capable of detecting plastic and high vapor pressure explosives rapidly-giving clear results you can trust. Luminal Chemiluminescence's is an ASTMEPA standard method for atmospheric monitoring of nitrogen dioxide.
* Sensitive and Selective: The SS3500 can detect minute traces (low anagram level) of C-4, TNT, Dynamite, PETN, Semtex, EGDN,DMNB, RDX, ANFO, Ammonium Nitrate, Urea Nitrate, Nitroglycerine and TATP, with low false alarm levels and few interferon's. Immune to variations in humidity and environmental conditions.
* Portable: The SS3500 is self contained, lightweight, less than 3 kg (6.6 lbs), and comes in a fully equipped, rugged carrying case -ready to use when and where needed.
* No Radioactive Isotopes or Radioactivity
* Easy to Use: The SS3500 is ready for operation within thirty seconds from turn on. When necessary, any minimal cleaning takes only a few seconds. The simple push of a button automatically activates the sampling and analysis mode. Results are displayed on an easy-to-read LCD making the SS3500 ideal for all non-technical personnel. ICAO tangents and tagged plastic explosives.
Portable Advanced Explosives Detector used by:
* Police & Bomb Squads
* Border Crossings
* Military Defense
* Seaports and Containerships
* Field or Forensic Use
The SS3500 is ideal for:
* Nuclear Facilities
* Special Military Operations
* EOD/IEDD Technical groups
* Embassies or Consulates
* Courts of Law
* Postal Stations
* Corporate or VIP Headquarters
* Correctional facilities
* Federal buildings
* Border crossings and Airports
* Railway, Bus and Subway Terminals